Artistic Motion School of Arts & Preparatory Academy
SUMMER CLASSES, CAMPS, AND INTENSIVES ARE STILL GOING ON! COME JOIN US!
Summer Registration Available
Summer classes start June 15 and go through August 21st. We have classes available for kids and adults in the afternoons and evenings. We also have a few spaces left in our remaining July and August Camps and Intensives.
- July 20-24 --- Dance, Art, & Tumbling Camp --- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (Ages 4-7)
- July 20-24 --- Intermediate Dance Training Intensive --- 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Ages 10+)
- July 27-31 --- Sing! Act! Dance! Camp --- 9:00 am - 1:00 pm (Ages 4-6)
- July 27-31 --- Exploring Hip Hop, Jazz, & Modern Dance Camp --- 9:00 am - 2:30 pm (Ages 7-10)
- July 27-31 --- Intermediate Dance Training Intensive --- 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Ages 10+)
- August 3-7 --- Dancers & Their Dolls Camp --- 9:00 am - 12:00 pm (Ages 4-6)
- August 3-7 --- Intermediate Dance Training Intensive --- 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Ages 10+)
- August 3-7 --- Advanced Ballet Workshop with Sarkis Kaltakhtchian --- 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Ages 12+)
- August 10-14 --- Tumbling/Acro Camp --- 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Ages 5-11)
- August 10-14 --- Beginning Dance Training Intensive --- 9:00 am - 2:30 pm (Ages 8+)
- August 17-21 --- Intermediate Dance Training Intensive --- 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Ages 10+)
- August 17-21 --- Advanced Dance Training Intensive --- 9:00 am - 3:30 pm (Ages 12+)
Fall Schedules are HERE!
Working on your fall schedules and looking for activities for you and your kids?
Check out our Fall Schedule of Classes
Advanced Dance Training Intensive Workshop with Sarkis Kaltakhtchian - August 3-7
Mark your calendars now and register early! Sarkis Kaltakhtchian, Charlotte Ballet Artistic Vice Principal, will be joining us for an ADVANCED DANCE TRAINING INTENSIVE from August 3-7. This intensive is open for AGES 12+ and will be held from 9:00 am - 3:30 pm. Classes will included ballet technique, variations, yoga, and contemporary. Cost is $300 for the entire week. Summer Intensive 2015 Registration Form.
AMPA AUDITIONS - Saturday, August 29th
Final Audition Opportunity for the 2015-2016 Academic Year
The first two auditions for the 2015 session of the Artistic Motion Preparatory Academy (AMPA) were held on Sunday, March 29 and Sunday, June 7. We had
a lot of fun seeing new faces!
AMPA is a pre-professional ballet training program based on the Vaganova ballet syllabus. Classes take place after school and in the evening. Students begin training as young as 9-years-old (with Pre-Vaganova classes) and continue through 18-years-old. Upper level students train more than 20 hours per week with classes including ballet, tap, jazz, contemporary, drama for dancers, and piano.
Interested in being a part of AMPA for the 2015-2016 Academic Year? If so, the final audition for the upcoming academic year will be held on:
- Saturday, August 29th.
Registration forms and additional details are on the AMPA page.
Fall 2015 AMSA COMPANY AUDITIONS - Save the Date!
AMSA is proud to present Snow Queen for the Fall 2015 Company Production! Auditions will be held on Saturday, September 12th from
2:00 - 5:00 pm. New students are welcome to attend!
Please visit our AMSA Company page for more details.
Summer Session 2015
Summer is here! We have Some exciting things in store this summer and it's never too late to join in the fun!
- Summer dance intensives (for beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels) - adults are welcome to attend
- Summer dance/drama/music camps
- Vaganova ballet training (levels Pre-Vaganova through Level 3)
- Classes in Dance (including Salsa and Bachata), Yoga, Tumbling/Acro, and Tae Kwan Do
- Privates in all of the above, PLUS Piano and Voice
Contact us today for more information! We look forward to spending the summer with you! Registration is open for summer session.
Artistic Motion Featured in Yes! Weekly
"Get on Your Feet" by Lenise Willis - Read about Artistic Motion in the August 20 issue of Yes! Weekly.
About Artistic Motion Performing Arts Studio
Artistic Motion School of Arts, founded in 2000, is firmly established as one of the top performing arts studios in the Triad. The studio boasts an internationally acclaimed faculty including alumni from Russia’s Moscow State University of Dramatic Art and The Bolshoi Ballet Academy, the Dominican Republic’s Acadamia de Ballet Santo Domingo, England’s Royal Academy of Music, The Republic of Georgia’s Music Academy, and the University of North Carolina’s School of the Arts. Instructors are veterans of the stage and have danced professionally with the Bolshoi Ballet, the National Ballet of the Dominican Republic, the National Ballet of Armenia, Joffrey Ballet, Houston Ballet, Boston Ballet, Atlanta Ballet, and Maryland Ballet.
Artistic Motion is committed to providing its students with a positive and professional performing arts experience beginning as young as 3-years-old and continuing through adulthood at our two state-of-the-art studio locations. Classes and private lessons are available for performing arts training from recreational to pre-professional levels in all disciplines including dance, music, drama, and acrobatics. Recreational classes and private lessons are also available in yoga, Zumba, and martial arts.
We take pride in taking time to find the highest quality teachers with a commitment to excellence who enable you to achieve your highest performance goals. Artistic Motion's all-adult faculty have extensive, first-hand knowledge of their field and what it takes to help you make it to the top.
You will learn through "doing" at Artistic Motion. You'll not only benefit from a strong technique-based curriculum, you'll have many opportunities to perform.
Each semester we showcase your talent. Student work is presented in Open Classes at the close of the fall semester. Spring semester culminates with an on-stage experience in our popular, fully staged, professional performances. These original productions are open to the public and usually sell out!
Other Opportunities for Professional Growth
If you are a highly-motivated dancer age nine or older, you may be eligible to audition for Artistic Motion's own Dance Company. As a member, you'll participate in an extended weekly class with other dancers who have similar goals. You do not have to be an Artistic Motion student to participate, but we do require previous dance experience.
Our strong Master Class series brings in guest artists from all over the world who have expertise in a variety of genres. These enhanced programs are another way you can study your discipline of choice at the highest level possible.